Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Spicy oven baked whole fish

Yesterday I was craving fish badly :( :( .... I went to the nearest shop and brought fresh pomfrets. I was thinking what is the easiest and fast way to cook these fishes.. Suddenly I thought I will bake them with some vegetables.. Yesterday was the first time I was baking fish and believe me the fish tasted heavenly. It took me only 10 mins preparation time and 22mins baking time, can you imagine that such a delicious fish was ready to eat only in 35mins.. yum yum yum.. Below is the recipe I followed~~


Ingredients:
1. Red chillies - 2,
2. lemon juice - 2 tsb,
3. Whole lemon - 1,
4. Red bell pepper - 1,
5. Onion - 1,
6. Green chili - 1,
7. Garlic cloves- 2,
8.Coriander leaves,
9. Salt to taste,
10. Mustard oil- 2 tsb, you may use oilve oil, But I personally like the flavor of mustard oil :) :)
11. Pomfert fish or any other flat fish- I used 2 small sized, you may use one full sized pomfret
12. Aluminium foil, I prefer using aluminum foil as it helps the fish to cook faster. You may use baking dishes but please remember it may take little longer time to cook.

Procedure:
Step1: Clean and wash the fish. pat dry with paper towels. Make some slits over it and keep aside.
Step2: we will make a marination paste for the fish. In a blender take lemon juice, salt, red chillies, garlic and make a fine paste. Add 1 tsb oil to the paste for making it smooth.
Step3: Now take the fish, gently massage the paste over the fish and keep it aside while we prepare the vegetables.
Step4: pre-heat the oven at 200 degree Celsius.
Step5: Slice the onions, bell pepper, green chili and lemon. You do not need to make very thin slices as all the vegetables I am using cooks fast. Also you may use any other vegetables of your choice.

Step6: In a baking tray place the Aluminium foil. Over the foil layer the sliced onions, bell peppers, lemons, green chili and some coriander leaves. Sprinkle little bit of salt over the vegetables. Gently place the fish over the vegetable. Place 1 or 2 slices of lemon over the fish, some coriander leaves and drizzle the remaining 1 tsb oil over it.

Step7: close the aluminium foil properly so that nothing comes out while baking the fish. place the baking tray in the pre-heated oven for 20~25mins.
Step8: Carefully open the aluminium foil serve the baked fish hot with pain rice or bread. enjoy you fish :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment