Monday, November 9, 2015

Sorse Pomfret (Pomfret with mustard seeds)

Pomfret is one of my favorite sea-fish. As my hometown is in North-Bengal where pomfret is not easily available, I started eating pomfret after I shifted to Kolkata :). Pomfret is very soft and easy to cook fish. The recipe I am sharing today is one of my innovation, you can replace pomfret with 'Hilsa fish' or any soft kind of fish. I hope you like it.



Ingredients:
1. Pomfret Fish- 2 normal size(wash and clean),
2. Mustard seeds paste - 2 tsb,
3. Poppy seeds paste - 1tsb,
4. Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsb,
5. Chili powder - 1/2 tsb,
6. Cumin powder - 1/2 tsb,
7. Green chili - 2,
8. Salt to taste,
9. Mustard oil- 4 tsb
10. Lemon juice- 1/2 tsb
11.Water - 1/2 cup

Procedure:
Step1 : Marinate the fish with salt and pinch of turmeric powder keep aside for at least 5~10min.
Step2: In a bowl make a smooth paste mixing- mustard seeds paste, poppy seeds paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, lemon juice , water and salt to taste.
Step3: In a pan heat oil, slide the fish one by one carefully and let one side cook for at least 4mins in medium high heat.
Step4: Flip the fish other side and after 1~2mins add the paste we made in step2. Cover the lid and cook in medium heat for 4~5mins.
Step5: Open the lid add the green chilies, turn the fish to other side very carefully, as it may break. You may try to use 2 spoons to turn the fish. Cook in low heat for another 4~5 mins and turn the heat off.


Serve with pain white rice. I am sure you will like it :) :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment